Tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What a break!

When I said we were going to take a break, I never expected a 5 or 6 month break! Wow! We have been moved into our new house for awhile and we love it! We are settled in and ready to start school again...in fact....


In December we purchased some ready made curriculum. I don't remember if I mentioned what we decided to go with so if I already told you, forgive me. We chose Sonlight! It was a lot more money than we originally wanted to spend but after researching several different companies it was a no brainer. We decided to go with the P4/5 program rather than the P3/4 since Braxton is turning 4 soon and will be using this from the age of 4-5. I have heard the P4/5 is advanced for a 4-5 year old and is better used as K but I think Braxton will do great! Also, the package I chose did not include a handwriting course so I am supplementing with Handwriting Without Tears Pre-K. It's a crayon only work book and he really likes it so far!

Yesterday was our first day and it was great! When I first looked at the schedule I thought it was going to be a LOT of work but it wasn't too bad. I think it only took about an hour. My next post will go into more detail of what we did.

Just wanted to update. I don't know if I'll be making daily or weekly posts because there aren't as many "hands on" things with Sonlight, mostly reading and that would make for some boring photos.

Off to write about our first day of school. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower. I found your blog searching Sonlight. I'm planning on using P3/4 with my son in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails